Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About



Return To Los Angeles/Las Vegas - Nov 2005 Day 3/4

Day Three

After waking up at 4.30am we decided that we needed to reset out body clocks and have a nice relaxing day so we thought we would do some shopping around the upmarket boutiques of LA...

  • Discovery1 ~ the walmart in anaheim is rubbish
  • discovery2 ~ the target opposite our hotel is brilliant and if you look past the crap had a few really nice and fashionable clothes
  • Discovery3 ~ Discovery 2 makes me sound really shallow. But its true. As is the fact that Gap, American Eagle, Banana Rep and A&F also had some great finds in there!
  • Discovery4 ~ the American Eagle at Brea Mall stank of burnt popcorn which curtailed our vist but not before thrifty daz had rifled through the sales section!
  • Discovery5 ~ if Daz and I were ever to live in LA it would have to be somewhere utterly charming like the incredibly pretty town of Fullerton
  • Discovery6 ~ Wicked may be one of my favourite books of all time and so I was delighted that a follow up called Son Of A Witch has just been released. And even more overjoyed that after some searching found a first edition
  • Discovery7 ~ Darren's floppy fringe/bangs looks really hot without any gel in it!
  • Discovery8 ~ People magazine has Ellen on the front and I had forgotten how much I love la Degeneres!
~Darren napped from 4-7pm and I read a rather lovely book called Almost Like Being In Love - about 2 lads who fall in love in high school and seek each other out 20 years later ~
  • Discovery9 ~ Almost like being in love is a great book
  • Discovery10 ~ I woke up at 4.30am again


Day Four

Lets face it - even though Disney's CAlifornia Adventure is a pretty good representation of beach front california, its just not as magical as Disneyland itself. It's like the older brother who no longer believes in Father Christmas. That doesn't mean we didn't have a great time. The Tower of Terror is brilliant as is Soaring Over California, The Grizzly Bear Rapids and the rollercoaster. And the difference between British theme parks and American ones is that at Disney the lines become part of the rides so you don't feel like you are waiting as long! Genius!

I was so clumsy today - i was enjoying a Nestle Tollhouse Ice Cream Sandwich while walking around one of the many many many ~ you get the drift ~ many gift stores. I was briefly enchanted by a Beauty And The Beast snowglobe when I managed to walk into the wall and smack my ice cream right into my ltd. edition Salt Lake Polo Shirt. Boooo! Luckily it wasn't wrecked - the ice cream not the polo shirt - until i tried to pick the wrapping from the mushed up ice cream and dropped the whole thing on the floor. Boy, did my bottom lip tremble :(

And later while I was buying USA Today, i turned around from the till and walked straight into a postcard rack, which hurt a lot more than i let on at the time :( :(

I heard the cutest thing today. Dazpanteloons and I were walking behind some 8 year old kids and two guys passed who were all over each other One kid said UGH! HOW GAY! But then this other kid who i now want to adpot said 'so, there's nothing wrong with being gay. And just because two men kiss doesn't mean they are gay. They might be bisexual'. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Posted by Paul 5:08 am  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment