Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About



last days in vegas nov 2005...


LV ~ Days 4&5 Gimme Solids or Gimme Death!

The mega dog did not agree with me and I awoke very early with crippling stomach pains and some urgenting toileting needs Because of this Sunday went by in a blur and blurred right into Monday. A lot of it was spent shopping and gambling and checking out the hotels. The new Wynn hotel is stunning. It has this great waterfall feature outside one its restaurants which flows into a swimming pool that has these cool looking statues of people standing looking at the cascading water. V tranquil and mystical.I also remember waiting in line at subways and in front there was this guy who was ordering for his "baby" who was sitting down. She gave him very explicit instructions on what she wanted which he promptly forgot and the following conversation ensued:
Subway: do you want 6 inch or footlong?
Guy: baby do you want 6 inch or footlong?Baby: 6 inch
baby, i tolutha already
Guy: Sorry baby. She wants 6 inch
Subway: Do you want onions jalepenos peppers?
Guy: Baby do you want onions jalepenos peppers?
Baby: Eew baby you know i thinks onions is nasty
Guy: Sorry baby. No onions
(this goes on for a while and couple leave only for Baby to say "ooo baby why is there no onions on this. it is so bland!" Sheesh)
WE went to a mile long all you can eat buffet later that evening awhich totally killed me off. There should be a law against unlimited carrot cake! We got back pretty late but I was wide awake so I caught up on the oc and prison break on my archos...

LV~The final 2 days...

OOO - scary. The Stratosphere hotel was plunged into darkness tonight after a power outage and left 6 Japanese tourists dangling 900ft abover the strip on one of the towers thrill rides. I can't imagine how scary that must have been as they were trapped on a see saw ride that tips over the edge of the building They were up there for 90 minutes! I hope they went for some emotional stress damages...

Most of the days were spent gambling and exploring the massive variety of hotels, but I also shopped for Britain and depleted a large amount of my funds at a variety of stores:
Gap~ a cord balzer and chunky knit zip up top

Target~ socks, a scarf and some holiday themed candy, oh and a stocking
CDs~ Madonna, Il Divo christmas cd, carrie underwood, mariah carey christmas cd 10 year anniversary edition, Cyndi Lauper body acoustic cd
DVDs~ Gilmore Girls season 3, Veronica Mars season 1, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas
Books~ Son of A Witch, Lost, The It Girl - from gossip girl author, Pendragon 2 (I bought Pendragon 1 when i was at DGIF day ) Wicked - A Grimmerie

I listened to the Madonna cd straight away in the car and both Darren and I really liked it. My first fave songs that stood out were Hung Up, Sorry, Jump and I New York Madonna is back! Although i feel she never went away as I really liked American Life. I'm drinking a soy latte...

Celebrated our last night by packing (booo) and going to see Zathura, which is kind of a sequel to Jumanji but don't call it a sequel. I had low expectations and ended up enjoying most of it. A few real laugh out loud moments So sad to be going home - its been a great holiday and its back to the real world now Still we have only been in our new apartment for 2 weeks before we came away and it would be nice to get back and sort all our stuff out

Posted by Paul 9:27 pm  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment