Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About



Return to LA/Las Vegas Nov 2005 Day One

Day#1 ~ I MUST get my luggage to LA (or The Adventures of kevin and Susan) (or Whitney was right, and its not ok!)

A lovely 4am start was brilliant and I was soon on the coach to the airport looking forward to landing in LA in 19 hours time Check in was a breeze until i noticed that the labels on the luggage said Kevin and Susan Dowd heading to JFK and then they disappeared down the chute where baggage goes to be filmed for Toy Story 2. I quickly explained to the check in clerk that My Name Is Not Susan and she dutifully dived down the chute after them to rescue them from NYC and send them on their little way to LA. Bless her.

Once we were back to being Paul and Darren we mosied round the airport until our fight was called. Isn't it weird how people cannot wait to get on the plane, but once its landed they'd slap their frail grandma's ass out of the way to be the first off? Anyway, got all settled in my seat, magazines at the ready and once the seatbelt sign was off put my chair back only to be poked in the head and told by the "charming" (in this context charming obviously means rude, aggressive and lacking any likeable qualities whatsoever) woman behind to put it back up as she wasn't standing for that all flight. i explained that everyone was entitled to put their seats back and thought that was the end of it. Until I heard her complain and use a very derogatory homophobic comment! I may have lost my temper a little bit (air rage alert) and told her that she was obviously more used to using her free bus pass the her pass port and if she could get all the 9 rows in front of me to put their seats up then i'd consider it. She then told me to talk to the hand! The hand! Goodbye credibility!!! Luckily, a rather lovely stewardess called Brenda intevened and explained reclining seats to the "charming" lady. And after that it was a surprisingly pleasant flight ~ I watched 3 films i haven't seen and then had a nice nap. Plus our hotel room in LA ~ the Anaheim Hilton was totally lovely

Posted by Paul 9:10 am  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment