Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About



The Holiday Diaries: Los Angeles/Las Vegas May 2004 - Day Six

Thursday 6th May 2004

Another day at universal studios doing all the stuff we didn't get to do on tuesday. However, the real deal of the day was that it was our anniversary. Our 4th anniversary. our universalry if you will... i am the master of remembering anniversaries and birthdays and special moments, etc, but for some insane reason I didn't get a card. And even worse Darren got me a beautiful card. So I spent the day mired in guilt, pretending that I had actually got a card until we were at Wal mart and Darren was looking at sour apple chews (ACK) and i had to crawl commando style across the candy aisles until I reached the cards. And of course they are all covered in f***ing glitter and completely ugly. And I only have like two seconds to choose and smuggle it to the checkout....At the end of the day I think it was my beautiful words that bought the card to life. There's no one like my darren :)

FRIENDS:It must be really difficult to cap off a tv show that has run for ten years, but i think the writers did a really good job - wrapping up the chick/duck story, gunthers lover for rachel, the end of the foosball table, a tender Chandler/Joey moment (Choey) and of course Ross and Rachel getting back together. Is it wrong that I will miss them so much?One quick thought - in england we get four ad breaks per hour and we know when they will be every fifteen minutes - quarter after, half past, quarter to and on the hour. USA has so many commercial breaks it did sometimes feel like the writers were writing stuff just to fit around the commercials - none of which were very good, and all of which got in the way of my emotional attachement to the show. I did, however, get tears when Chandler and Joey said goodbye and seeing the six walk out and leave the empty apartment was heart rendering and beautiful. And i will have to relive it all again on my annual friends season finale/big brother first night party at the end of may in england...

NEXT ON PAULS USA ADVENTURES....revenge on tuesdays darren! moaning? surely not??Hugh Jackman!!!tune in same bat time same bat channel...

Posted by Paul 1:03 pm  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment