Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About



The Holiday Diaries: Los Angeles/Las Vegas May 2004 (Day Eight)

Friday 7th May 2004

Saw the new Hugh Jackman movie today - he plays a guy who can't remember his past yet seems to exhibit superhuman powers (godly in this case) and has a weird connection to the films villain. Oh wait that's Hugh in XMen. Oh wait, no its Hugh in Van Helsing (hello Buff, The Vampire Slayer). So much better than the dreadful ride based on it at universal studios...

Am exhausted - spent 12 hours at Disney's California Adventure. As I write Darren is moaning because i want to get todays entry written up and he wants to go to bed. I gently remind him that the other night when he was watching Matt somebody interview the Friends cast, I had to try and go to sleep. He then retorted that I did nothing but complain about the noise. Selective memory much? He knows full well that I once (after an hour) said 'ooo it's whisper quiet' and that has now turned into complaining all night. Bless. Can't blame him - I can be a right little moaner...

Talking of moaners, on the coach back from Disney to our hotel, we were in front of this positively dreadful couple who did nothin but moan and criticise all the way back. Now I am all for sarcasm and bitterness and cynicism, but come on!! We were on our way back from the happiest place on earth (it was today too - the Aladdin musical and Electric [Youth] Parade were enchanting). I turned round and said 'as much as I enjoy your hate filled incessant chatter, do shut up or I will have to put your teeth down your throat.' If i was feeling particularly manly I would have said bee-atch at the end. But of course I didn't really say any of that - I am far too puny to carry out such a threat, so I just stayed quiet and inwardly seethed.

OOOO - tables turned. Some annoying bint in one of the lines today was jabbering on about Lemony Snicket (love those books) and how her 6th grade class were reading at an 8th grade level. I don't think she was saying it to praise her class, more like fishing for compliments herself. Anyhoo she found my 'Wrath of the math summing to get you' tshirt (which a math major friend at SUNY Geneseo gave me) 'hilarious'. Its my least stylish tshirt but who cares! In your face Tuesdays tshirt wearing Darren!!!!!

Posted by Paul 3:41 am  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment